Thursday 3 November 2011

He is Worthy!

A heart poured out, a life poured out for you, my God!

I think one of the things the Lord has been highlighting throughout the past 5 weeks is the worthiness of the man Jesus. It's all about Him. Everything points to Him. Everything is for Him. And He is worthy of everything. All our praise, all our adoration, all our doubts and fears, our dreams and passions, our longings and desires - our whole entire lives. He is worthy of my life poured out at His feet. He gave everything for me so it only makes sense that He is worthy of me giving Him my entire life. When we set our minds and gaze on Jesus, everything else fades away, nothing else matters. Look at what He did and who He is. He is the most beautiful and attractive thing in the entire world. And He loves me with radical love every minute of every day, no matter what. It never changes, never increases or decreases in what I do or don't do. He is relentless in His pursuit of my heart every day. It's just an intense and overwhelming thought, that I am radically, wholeheartedly loved and pursued by the God of the universe. He likes, loves and is ravished by me. When we truly stop and think about that, it changes everything. What else really matters is I am completely loved by the most perfect love every moment exactly the way I am?! This is so crazy! We can truly never be the same after we encounter this love. I pray that every day he will release more revelation that I can go deeper into this revelation of His love. That I will be able to grasp a little bit more how deep and wide and long and high is the Love of Christ that surpasses knowledge. He gave up everything for me, just so I could come back into full intimacy and fellowship with Him. So I could be with Him where He is! Why would I not give everything back? And lay it all down at His feet?! My whole heart and life poured out at His feet! He is so completely worthy. No one else is. Only Jesus is worthy of it. It never matters what else is going on or how I am feeling because He is always worthy of me praising and worshipping Him and giving it all to Him. Its such a joy to pour my life out for Him. I long to do it! It's the only right response to this kind of love and pursuit!
Just some thoughts from my time with the Lord tonight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment