Monday 10 October 2011

Welcome to Kona-Week One

Well week one of DTS has finished and we're just about to start week two. I've only been here for about a week and a half now and honestly it feels like at least a month already! DTS is going amazing! The Lord has already started to bring revelation and breakthrough in our group! My DTS has 82 students from a bunch of different nations - America, Canada, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Korea, China... (maybe a few more), and 22 staff... so 104 of us Comm Trans-ers total! I still haven't gotten anywhere close to getting to know everyone! But its super fun to be part of such a large group all running after the same thing. I am living in a room with 8 amazing and beautiful girls from two different DTS'! I love them all. We're so blessed to have gotten along right away and are so excited to get super close and grow together in the Lord for the next three months!
For our lectures this week our school leader, Johnny Gillespie, spoke on salvation and the gospel, what Jesus did, what happened he did it, what that means for us and where we stand because of it, Jesus as lover of our souls and the father heart of God! Yes, lots of ground to covered but its been amazing! Johnny was such a great speaker and pulled so much from his own story which I love and helps to make these huge topics more graspable. We started on Monday with a beach day (yay for living in hawaii!) and then an amazing worship night!! I love worship and prayer times when you pack a ton of people into a smallish space and just worship our Creator corporately! It was an amazing night to kick off the start of our school.
I've been praying for increased revelation of Jesus as my lover and really just anything He wants to do in my heart and life! I had a lot of prophetic words and encouragement before I came as this being a season of refreshment and resting in the Lord. I can already tell that that is totally what the Lord is speaking to for this season...but already in the last week I've had to fight to make that really be true. Yes He's going to bring stuff up for me to process and work through and have breakthrough in, and I totally want him to, but the enemy would love to come and take my mind off of just resting and place it back on striving or on distractions. And even in this first week I've seen it happen. But going into this next week I'm feeling so great! So excited for what he has in store!! Its corporate week.. which means that all of the DTS' on campus (there's 6 DTS schools running this quarter) and two DTS' from Waikiki and Kauai, all come together for our worship and teaching times. We have United Pursuit Band here this week to lead us in worship!! And Loren and Darlene Cunningham (the founders of YWAM) are speaking. It's going to be awesome! Keep me in your prayers this week for the Lord to expand my capacity so I can receive everything he wants to teach me through these amazing leaders from their wisdom, revelation and impartation!
Oh! Another really fun thing... yesterday (Saturday, October 8th) was the World Ironman Championship held here in Kona. All students on campus get to go and volunteer for the event. My school had the 4am-10am shift, which was so fun.. seeing all the athletes get themselves ready and complete the swim and start the bike. For those of you that don't know.. Ironman is a triathlon race where the athletes swim 2.4 miles (3.9 km), bike 112 miles (180 km) and then run a full 26.2 mile (42.2 km) marathon! its insane!! I have mad respect for these people (including my aunt and uncle who do these races at home!) They are incredible athletes! It was really cool to get to be a part of it!
Well off to week two!! I'll try and give updates a little more frequently. We find out our outreach teams and locations tomorrow so i'll let you all know when I find out!!
Thanks again for all your prayers and support! I really appreciate it!

1 comment:

  1. Carly Bear,
    I'm so proud of you and so excited for you. Here's a new picture the Lord' giving me for you this morning. You're surfing a huge wave of His love, no effort required, just chillin on your board. So relax and soak it all in my friend. Remember God's not going to let you miss a thing. I love you. Love Cathy

    ReplyDelete