Thursday 16 August 2012

This is my life.


One of the most common thoughts that I’ve had since I’ve been back in Kona is “I can’t believe this is my life!”. Jesus is so faithful! It has definitely been stretching and challenging for sure, and will continue to become more so, but I love that this is what the Lord has called me to. I literally get to love and pursue Jesus, go after His heart, live in community, and learning how to lead and disciple and love the lost as my full time job! 

Leadership track has been incredible! I’ve been able to dive deep in the place of prayer and intercession, both corporately and individually. As part of the leadership track we have 4 hours a week that are called “watchman hours”, where we have complete ownership over that hour in the prayer room to be the one partnering with the Lord’s heart and being with him to worship and pray, to be the “watchman on the wall”. It has definitely been challenging, and sometimes it goes by super fast and other times a hour seems forever, but it has been an amazing and challenging time of learning how to pray! The Lord has been establishing steadfastness in my heart during this season and making my roots deep in Him. He has spoken Psalm 1:1-3 over me during this season: “Blessed is the [woman] who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but [her] delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law [she] meditates day and night. [She] is like a tree planted by steams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that [she] does, [she] prospers.”

I’ve been given the incredible opportunity to lead worship for one of our corporate prayer and intercession sets from 1-3pm in our prayer room every Friday. Our crew - Community Transformations - was given the Friday sets and I was asked to lead the worship part of it with others in our crew making up the band. It has been so amazing! There’s such a joy that comes from doing what the Lord has created you to do! It has been a journey of learning how to lead worship in the prayer room for an intercession set. It’s very different than leading a devotional or for a church service, but my heart has really come alive and into a new level of anointing and passion for the Lord and for corporate worship and intercession! I’m still learning a ton, but loving every minute! I’ve also been able to jump in and sing on many other teams, being able to cultivate giftings of prophetic singing and choruses. And have been having a ton of fun being able to worship and sing with my friends and amazing musicians here on the base, and I’m learning so much from them!

Another huge part of the track is serving the campus every morning. The awesome part about this is that I was placed in the DTS office processing student applications. We are processing apps for every DTS in the upcoming quarter, (there’s 8 DTS total running this fall) including the DTS I’m staffing - Community Transformations. So because our staff is working in the office, we get to be very involved with our students right from when they start applying! It has been incredible getting to know our students and being able to start the discipleship process now before they even get here. Every time I get to talk to one of our future students, I get so excited for what the Lord is going to do in us this fall!! So far for our school we have 88 students accepted!! We’re completely amazed at how many incredible, hungry for Jesus, students that he’s sending to our school and community for this fall! A major prayer request for us is that we have a majority of girl students, which while that is normal, we are praying and asking the Lord to even out the ratio a little bit more! We felt like he told us to pray for the releasing of 30 more guys, and so far we’ve had 3 of those 30, so 27 more! Please pray with us for the releasing of these guys!! If you want to know more about Comm Trans, visit our website: www.commtransdts.com

Our staff is almost all together now and the remaining ones will be coming within the week! Its been so fun to get to know each other better and come together as a community and staff team. They are some of the most fun, weird, crazy, hungry and passionate for Jesus people I’ve had the privilege of running with, and I can’t imagine staffing a DTS with anyone else! We will be praying into outreach locations and pairs for leading the teams within the next few weeks, so please also be keeping us in your prayers for direction and clarity from the Lord! I’m slightly nervous but really excited to see who I’ll be leading with and where the Lord is leading us to go!

We have another 6 weeks left of this quarter before our arrival day, so as I am completely looking forward to the fall quarter and the starting of our school and fully diving into staffing and discipleship, I am giving the Lord everything that I have for the rest of this season to get everything that He has for me!! 
Please continue to pray for the Lord to prepare me and our staff team as we prepare for the fall! Also some of our staff (including my sister!) are heading to New York City in early September to minister at fashion week and work with Models for Christ, so keep them in your prayers as well! Also continue to pray for full provision from the Lord for me, our staff and our students! 

Love you all! Praying for the Lord to bless you and keep you, for his face to shine upon you! 

1 comment:

  1. Carly you continue to inspire me to be more Christ like and spend more time with the Lord... You are completely on fire, head over heels passionate about Jesus and your sincerity and joy just leaps off the pages that you write! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete